Cheeseburger Soup is a hearty and delicious comfort food that is perfect for a cold winter day. It combines all of the flavors of a classic cheeseburger into a creamy, savory soup that is sure to satisfy your cravings. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking with the addition of different vegetables or spices.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium rib of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium heat until it is browned and crumbled. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir until the vegetables are coated. Cook for an additional minute or two, until the flour starts to brown.
- Slowly add the beef broth to the pot, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the milk, potatoes, tomatoes, and peas to the pot. Bring the soup back to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and cook until it is melted and fully incorporated into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with additional cheese and some fresh chopped herbs if desired.
This Cheeseburger Soup is a fun and tasty twist on the classic cheeseburger, and it’s sure to become a family favorite. You can customize the soup with your favorite cheeseburger toppings, such as diced pickles, sliced jalapeños, or crumbled bacon. Serve it with some crusty bread or a simple salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!