Delicious Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Chicken fajitas are a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal that is perfect for a quick dinner or a casual get-together with friends. To make chicken fajitas, you will need the following.
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers (any color will work), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- Toppings of your choice, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro
To prepare the chicken fajitas, start by heating a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the skillet and then add the chicken strips. Cook the chicken for about 5-7 minutes, or until it is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
While the chicken is cooking, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. When the chicken is cooked, sprinkle the spice mixture over the top of the chicken and stir to coat the chicken evenly.
Push the chicken to the side of the skillet and add the sliced bell peppers, onions, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are tender and starting to brown.
Once the vegetables are cooked, mix them together with the chicken in the skillet. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a dry skillet over medium heat.
To assemble the fajitas, place a few spoonfuls of the chicken and vegetable mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top with your desired toppings and roll up the tortilla to enclose the filling. Serve the fajitas hot, with any additional toppings on the side.
Chicken fajitas are a delicious meal that can be customized to your liking with a variety of toppings and spices. You can also try using different types of proteins, such as steak or shrimp, in place of the chicken. Enjoy!
by Pedro Samaly