Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
Zucchini pizza casserole is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy all of the flavors of pizza without the guilt. This casserole is packed with vegetables and is a great way to use up any extra zucchini that you may have on hand. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced bell peppers
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 cup of diced cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cooked chicken (if using). Add the marinara sauce and mix everything together until the vegetables are well coated.
- Spread the vegetable mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with the mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top of the casserole and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the zucchini pizza casserole hot, with any additional toppings of your choice.
Nutrition facts (per serving, based on 8 servings):
- Calories: 128
- Protein: 8 grams
- Total fat: 6 grams
- Saturated fat: 3 grams
- Cholesterol: 22 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sodium: 365 milligrams
Zucchini pizza casserole is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy all of the flavors of pizza in a lower-carb form. It’s a great way to sneak in some extra vegetables into your diet and can be customized with your favorite pizza toppings. Give it a try and enjoy!
by Pedro S.